Saturday, December 4, 2010

0
comments
Presentation at Beckham Bird Club

Hello all. I wanted to make everyone aware that I will be the speaker at the Beckham Bird Club meeting in December. The meeting is on Tuesday, December 14, at 7:00PM at the Clifton Center on 2117 Payne Street. The presentation will be on Powerpoint and will include two parts: my job as a landfill bird biologist, and the birds I see at the landfill. There will be plenty of pictures so the presentation promises to be entertaining.


The Beckham Bird Club is located in Louisville, KY and was founded in 1935 by Charles Wickliffe Beckham. The club holds weekly field trips to the area's best birding locations and also participates in nationwide group counts such as the Big Sit and the Christmas Bird Count. If you live in the Louisville area and are interested in birds or nature, you should consider joining the Beckham Bird Club. There are many people in the club who have years of experience and knowledge and they love to share with new birders their bits of wisdom. I know I would not be anywhere near my level of expertise (I'm good at everything besides shorebirds :P ) if it wasn't for the great people in the club who are so enthusiastic about birding and helping others. So come on out to the next meeting and learn about the birds seen on the landfill and meet some of the best birding minds around!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More