Thursday, June 3, 2010

0
comments
Door County, WI

I had a great time in Door Co, WI this Memorial Day weekend. I didn't get much time to bird but I heard American Redstart, Black-throated Green Warblers, Great Crested Flycatchers, and Red-eyed Vireos everywhere I went. The best sighting was a pair of American White Pelicans flying over the bridge at Sturgeon Bay on the way home. I attempted to identify some wildflowers along the trails but learned pretty quickly that if you stop the mosquitoes will carry you off. Nonetheless here are a few of the best wildflower shots I was able to take.

Yellow Lady Slippers

Dwarf Crested Iris

Wild Columbine

I think by far our favorite town in Door County was Fish Creek. The sunset over Green Bay was beautiful every night. It seemed like the whole town came to the bay to watch the sun go down. There was a stiff round of applause once the show was over. I would definitely go back again!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More