Wednesday, May 5, 2010

0
comments
Migration Update

Spring migration has been slow for almost everyone so far this spring, but the past couple of days have brought some decent birds to the landfill. Yesterday I heard and saw a Warbling Vireo (a lifer for me), at least 5 Yellow Warblers and several Prothonotary Warblers and many Willow Flycatchers. Getting decent pictures is proving difficult either because the light is too low in the morning or washes the birds out when it is shining. Anyway, here are a few of the best pics I've taken so far.

Prothonotary Warbler

Indigo Bunting

Yellow Warbler

Orchard Oriole

Blue Grosbeak pair

On another note, I only managed 48 species at the landfill yesterday. I'm shooting for at least 60 on Saturday during the Birdathon. We will see if I can make it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More