Wednesday, January 6, 2010

0
comments
American Tree Sparrows

I spotted a group of around 20 American Tree Sparrows today, a life bird for me. I was pretty excited but they proved to be difficult to photograph. I did manage to get one photo but the quality is not great. Hopefully they will stay around and maybe the snow tonight will bring in some new visitors.


American Tree Sparrows are a fairly easy sparrow to identify in my opinion. They are most easily confused with Field Sparrows but there are some key differences that set them apart. American Tree Sparrows have a rusty cap, a clear breast with a single black spot, and a bi-color bill where the top mandible is black and the lower is yellow.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More