Tuesday, September 22, 2009

0
comments
Survivor

I went for a short walk down a gravel road yesterday since I was finding some good warblers and other birds. Instead I found this little Red-eared Slider turned upside down in the road. I thought he was a gonner and started kicking him with my foot to flip him over and realized the turtle inside the shell was still alive. He was bleeding from the scratch on the top of his shell that looked like it was a failed attempt by an animal (possibly raccoon of feral cat?) to make a meal out of him. I placed him back on the road facing towards the wooded swamp and he wasn't there when I came back through an hour later. My wife doesn't think he made it but animals are tough, especially these little guys. I bet that in a matter of days it will be as if it never happened. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More